2012-08-19

The First Trances - Practically Accidents

One of the first times I learned how to induce trances in others, it came almost as an accident. One of my exes. We were talking, and after a time I realised that she was actually in a trance - a trance I'd induced.

What I haven't told anyone, least of all her, was that I'd spent the time talking to her unconscious mind. Her conscious mind had no idea.

She always wondered how I was so intuitive about knowing what she wanted. Her own unconscious, always eager to help, was telling me everything I needed to know. :)

And then there was the time I tranced myself. Again, it was an accident of sorts. I'd set up this candle, and was meditating on its light. Instead, I entered a self-hypnotic trance, looking at the flame.

I just couldn't look away from it, or indeed move. I could not remember much else beyond that. I do know that when I awoke, I could not remember anything - and that maybe a good twenty, twenty five minutes, had passed that I was totally unaware of.

I've had apprentices studying trancing under me, but I always maintain that everyone willing to trance others must receive a trance themselves. That way, they can know what it feels like, so they can better induce trances in others and control those trances they work on.

It's a massive responsibility, but it's one I gladly bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment