2012-05-13

Long, Slow and Gentle

What is the best method for inducing a trance? I can't speak for other hypnotists, but a long, slow, easy trance works for me.

Storytelling inductions work wonders on people who aren't expecting them. A nice, long, calming story that puts them there in the tale, walking along, the sensations happening to them as real as the waking world, one that gently draws the listener deeply into a trance.

Last night, I believe I managed to induce one of the deepest trances I have ever managed - and I did this over instant messenger. The client's compliance was inspiring and quite beautiful.

The unconscious mind has its own language; its own grammar, simpler and yet deeper than the shallow constructions of conscious language. Deeper, and incredibly intimate. The experience of diving so deeply into the mind, of communicating on a fundamental level, with a person ... talking with the core of what that person is ... is like no similar experience.

It took twenty minutes, and at least three layered deepening scripts, to reach this depth of the client's experience. Slow and steady. Definitely the best approach. I commend this method to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment