2012-05-09

A Light Touch

It takes a lot of practice to learn to hypnotise people. I can say that with certainty.

You'd imagine that hypnosis requires some sort of psychic ability, or a mutant superpower. It doesn't. You just need to talk with people. Nothing more.

At first, hypnosis was actually hard work. As much as you needed to convince your subject to enter a trance, you had to show to yourself that you can put people into a trance. Much like writing, I was sticking to scripts written by others, and noting halting and sporadic success here and there.

I used other people's scripts because I had yet to find my own voice.

Over the years, however, I did learn a fair bit about hypnosis, and about trancing and what you can and cannot do with it. And lately, I have had just as much success trancing with off-script inductions than I have ever had with scripted, formal trance inductions.

As a matter of fact, I've been able to induce trances in people in the most casual of conversations.

It only needs a light touch. And you need to find your own voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment