2012-01-17

Mishap

Sometimes, mishaps occur.

A while back, I'd tranced someone and given her a trigger which would bring her into a deep trance immediately. No preamble with light trances and deepening. Straight into the woods.

Only, as I hadn't worked out my current system, I had to think of a suitable trigger word, one which I wouldn't generally use in common conversation. Some usually exotic word such as "longitude" or "zenith." Something like that.

I'd written the word down on a slip of paper and left it in a book, not one of my notebooks but actually just a book I happened to be reading at the time. I left it on the coffee table with my client while I went out into the kitchen to make a cup of tea.

I hadn't thought that she would want to actually pick up and read that damned book.

I came back with two cups of tea, and found her there, staring into the depths of the book, lost at the page where I'd left the bookmark with her secret trigger. Full trance. I tested it myself, raising her arm and telling her to hold it in place, the works.

Let that be a lesson to you all. Don't trust to chance. Commit nothing to paper. Develop that memory and commit your triggers - and what they do - to memory instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment